I am a bit sick of saying, I have been so busy... because I seem to want to start to say that on all my posts. So instead, I will just let you know that I am squeezing in this click entry for Jai and Bee before the upcoming deadline ahead of two other posts in my forever drafts folder.
I have a Nikon D50 which I absolutely adore. I primarily use my fixed $100.00 50mm F1.8 Prime lens on the D50 for all my food photography as well as indoor portraiture/pictures of my kids. The problem is that although its 50mm I don't find it very wide on my DSLR and recently found out about the 35mm Fixed Nikkor F2.0 lens.
So I went to a local camera store and rented a 35mm lens for 1 day ($15.00!) to see if it was worth buying new glass for almost $350.00 ( i just wanted to sound like a camera geek by saying "glass" :), I am a true nerd. No expert on lens, glass or anything else!).
I shot the above click entry using my rented 35mm Lens and so far I am loving the greater distance I am able to capture with the wider lens. (for those of you who don't know, smaller the number on the lens, the wider coverage of area you can shoot, I didn't know this till recently either, tells you what an amateur I am). I am excited to try it out over the thanksgiving holiday and see if I can beg DH for a new lens for Christmas. Yes, Jai & Bee, I have read all the articles about how its not the camera but the photographer. :)
So everyone, happy belated diwali, happy thanksgiving! Eat lots, take lots of photos and have a nice holiday.

16 comments:
great looking elbows by the way!
Great entry with that picture:))
apt name for the pic....innovative
i cringe whenever someone starts talking abt mm and lens;) i am happy with my small cam as of now. but u made me think abt wide lens.
that pic is awesome archana... i just loved the contrast of fence and pasta...
Archana!!
Thats one good looking picture i would say!! really superb, And archana i already started begging Rocky to invest on a new camera for me!! I know what he would say?? not again as i bought the other one just few months back!! he he!!
I loved the name of the post and good entry
350 bucks? that's it? canon 'glasses' are bloody expensive - way more than 350. nikon takes great pix. maybe i should switch - let j have his canon and get me a nikon. i just saw a 50 mm 1.2/f for over 1000 dollars. lovely entry.
bee
Looks pic of elbows
Excellent entry.My vote for you already!! Beautiful photo!:))
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy.
You've done a great job with that picture! I love the contrast of the smooth macaroni with the roughness of the fence post - very clever!
Oh, I love the Nikon too. I rapidly escalated from an awesome Pentax point'n'shoot digital to the Nikon D70 for my food pix - and I'm absolutely loving it!
my vote is for u!!
Love your elbows on the fence! Yes, I love my wide angle lens even tho I use my true macro for most food photography.
Very creative entry dear.
Very beautiful and how creative of you to do this.
You have a nice site going up there with lovely pictures. Looks like we share the same status of toddlers.
I have linked to you to my site. It will be lovely if you visit my site and comment, if you like it, link me as well in your blog roll. Thanks
Everyone, thank you for your very kind compliments and thoughts. I am behind as ever in my posts. So I do appreciate all the warm responses. My new years resolution is to spend more time here!
Post a Comment