OK, here goes, Sig...7 Random Facts about ME, MYSELF and MOI.
- I love dogs. In fact, I love dogs even though I have been bitten by 4 of them during my childhood. I love German Shepard/Alsatians too. The 3 of the 4 dogs that bit me were German Shepards. I don't know why but they were always very ferocious and my love for them kept me going back for more. I survived just fine. A few tetanus shots here and there. That's all.
- I gained weight during high school, lost it in college, gained weight in my mid twenties, lost it in my late twenties, gained weight in my early thirties, lost it almost in my mid thirties. Then I had twins. The saga is yet to finish but my point is that during all this up and down of weight loss, I had to get sari blouses stitched for all my sarees and every trip to India I would get some made for the "weight" I was at in all the usual colors (red, blue, green, black, yellow etc). Now, after all these years (almost 18 years) I still have my old skinny blouses, my fat blouses, my in-between blouses. I don't think Salvation Army would be happy with 100 blouses in various sizes. I should take them on my next trip to India but I haven't had the heart to let them go.
- I love to read books but my only problem is once I start a good book, I pretty much ignore every other part of my life - bathing, sleeping, care taking. So I have to be very, very careful. I have resorted to reading bad books or parenting books lately. I don't have time to ignore all the important things in life at the moment.
- My first ever "real" job was at Wendy's when I was 16. I almost got fired because I kept forgetting to wear my name tag every time. I had to clean the bathroom floors, refill salad dressings and make those shakes. For some reason (you guess why), I haven't entered a Wendy's in over 18 years.
- I love to sleep in the morning. I am waiting for A & N's teenage years, they will have to fork lift me out of bed by noon because they would have just gotten up and would be mad at me for not springing brunch for them! A girl can dream right?
- My all time favorite trip was to Burma (Myanmar) in 2004 on a bicycle tour. The countryside is gorgeous, the people are so humble and incredibly nice, the political situation grim. It made a huge impact on me.
- I am an optimist. When things don't go my way, I find a way to make it work. With that I leave you with some photos of recipes that didn't or did but I never put up on my blog.
Here is my asparagus apricot curry that I never posted. It was pretty good. I just forgot to blog about it.
My fabulous Thai inspired Eggplant Curry for JFI Eggplant, again bogged down that I didn't finish my recipe.
A scrumptious pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herbs and feta cheese. Never survived the travels from SD card to computer to blog.This beautiful looking pie tasted great but the pie never set and I had to call it Mango-Raspberry Custard.
Here you go my final, incomplete - Shaved Watermelon with white/blue sauce. A tribute to today's celebration of American Independence and supposed to be sent over to Bee & Jai for AFAM - Watermelon. My husband didn't think it was that "great" and I was too afraid to post the recipe in case you all found me and flogged me for incompetence. HAPPY JULY 4th All..
So I thought my shaved watermelon with bi-colored sauces was good and interesting. The kids loved licking the stuff off my fingers. My husband had a funny look when he ate the combo. His exclamation was - "oh the watermelon is so good! and I am neutral about this other stuff". So be warned that this recipe might not suit all tastes. I like the taste of creamy ricotta cheese and it always reminds of me ras malai (which i am a big fan of!) so any taste like that with two of my favorite fruits was a winner to me.
Recipe:
White Sauce:
2 heaping tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
2 tablespoons Condensed Milk
2 to 3 drops Almond Essence
Blue Sauce:
1/2 Cup blueberries
2 Teaspoons Condense Milk
Method:
Combine all ingredients for white sauce in a bowl and whip together to a smooth paste. Combine blueberries and condense milk and blend in a hand blender till smooth. Take a chilled watermelon, scoop out balls in a icecream scooper or melon ball scooper and serve in a bowl with both the sauces under and over the watermelon.
I tag Sandeepa, Roopa, Nabeela to carry on the meme, no biggies if you don't want to!
23 comments:
nice post, archana. now tell me what's in that white blue sauce, and i'll download the pic from your site.
BEE -LOL. If you tell me what you will do with my picture, I will share my "questionable" sauce recipes. :)
It was nice learning all these things about you. And thanks for tagging. I'd love to play :)
Hey, get out and blog all those recipes soon!!!!
Loved the meme.... LOL on the variety of blouses!! :)
Hi Archana, First time to your blog....Your meme is quite cool...LOL on your collection of blouses...:-)
okay, if you don't give me the recipe for the sauces, i'm gonna make up my own recipes and add them to AFAM watermelon. then i'll claim it's your recipe. lol.
Archana,I have to say I am somewhat like you with regard to no.2.I still have all the old blouses too and haveing gotten fed up of having to get new blouses stitched everytime,I just stopped buying new sarees and stick to chirudars as they are so much more forgiving.Age and pregnancy do things to the body that we would rather not even dream of!:)
Archana,first 3 are like me,yikes at Wendy's!!!
Teenagers and you get to sleep!! Are you kidding girl?! You better get up and see them off to school or else you will see them hanging around in your basement when they are in their 30s!!!;P
archana ...pics are great ....wow!! things about you ..nice to hear that ...
Nabeela - can't wait to learn more about you!
Coffee - I will have to recreate some of these to get the exact measurements down as I have either forgotten or lost the paper i wrote it in. I have a tendency to be enthusiastic with the pictures but not so much with the details. A true gemini at times.
Santhi - welcome to my mad space.. glad you enjoyed my meme.
Bee - ok, i get it now. I will share the secret sauce recipe shortly. :) I am little dense at times.
Vini- yeah don't get me started about body after pregnancy. I could devote a whole blog to that subject.
Asha-the sleeping in was during the weekends! Yes, I would like them out of my house by the time they are 30.. good plan..:)
Deepa -thank you, i am glad someone found it interesting! :)
That sauce with the watermelon- hope you share what is in it. All the other pics look great. I have tons of never used pics too.
Loved learning more about you Archana... I can't believe you still love dogs after four bites, just one turned me off them forever, well I didn't really like them to start with...
lol... 100 blouses in different sizes, you could start an online store... :D
And I am so with you on forgetting everything else once I start reading a book... I can't keep a book down till I finish, however bad it is... :)...
And WOW on the bicycle tour, sounds incredible...
BTW Photos look great...
Good post, the meme, photos and the recipe - everything!
hey Archana loved reading your meme. you bet you still love dogs. with the blouses even i too am with you! teenage ha ha There Asha already warned you man can't do with it he he. i am tagged oh lol! Thanks dear! Witing for your other recipes...blog it soon.
Archana, what happened to your other blog, Archana's Adventures into Motherhood? I enjoyed reading that a lot!
Your photos in this blog are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
You went on a bike tour to Burma...wow !!! I am thinking of the interesting stories your twins will get to hear from you :)
Thanks for the tag, but I had already done the meme here some time back
I think I agree with your husband about the "purity" of watermelon alone. Recently had a watermelon salad with lots of onions in it - do not go there!
Sleeping in in the morning may happen when the kids are teens but it won't be so satisfying because you will be exhausted from having stayed up till all hours waiting for them to come home in time (or not)for their curfew. You may have to wait until they are off to college....
Hi Archana,
I recently read your recipe on figs...this one looks yum yum too....You are added on my list...
Dear Archana, thanks for visiting my blog and such a cheerful compliment. I think that it is fate that I'm visiting your blog today because I get to learn a few things about you :) as to the pics that got stuck in the SD card - we've all had those moments.
I've added you to my feeds so that I never miss another of your posts.
Have a good week!
Gini - Thanks for visiting, I now have the sauce recipe shared. Glad to know I am not the only one hoarding pics on the PC!
Sig-yeah I love dogs, if only I could love the shedding of hair more I would have a few pups by now. Soon, very soon! Thanks again , it was so much fun and sign, my meme is getting more attention than recipes. Time to food blog sooN!
Suganya-Thanks dear!
Roopa- Seems like we are in the same boat!
Arundhati-Hi! I made my mommy blog private. I got a few weirdos emailing me about my kiddos and then I wanted to write whatever i wanted without having to worry about it not being anon. I am glad you are here now to share my cooking blog! Welcome.
Sandeepa-Yes I did! I also backpacked around SE Asia for about a year. Lots of stories for kids and hopefully we will be creating more memories of travel together. Thanks for sharing your meme. 17 weeks on bedrest.. wow. I thought I had it rough with my 10 weeks of bedrest!
semery- Sandy! you had to come and share the other side of the coin didnt you? Maybe I will had their dad stay up and I will put on an eyepillow and sleep through the curfew time? Still dreaming!
Poonam - welcome to my site. Your eggplant dish looks yum!Thanks for the link.
Cynthia- THanks for coming here and adding me to your feeds. I tried your Coconut Drops today and they were yummy.
hey, that was such a fun meme to read :) 100 blouses LOL! everytime i've to wear a saree for a f'n i get tense thinking if the blouse will fit & then it is a last minute mad dash to alter it heh!heh!
cool recipes!
Hi Archana!
I enjoyed reading your meme. Those recipes that never got posted look so good...
Versaute Amateure
Sexflatrate Blog
Amateure Privat Cams
Post a Comment