Monday, April 6, 2009

Sun, Salmon, BBQ'ed Corn with Green Chutney



We have had some spectacularly sunny 2 to 3 days these past days. Can't help but BBQ on a weekday with such glorious weather. The first shot is of Mt. Rainier from the 520 Bridge between Seattle and Bellevue. I took it while my hubby drove. Our son's middle name is Rainier. We love this mountain so much and hope to summit it one of these days. Besides being blessed with gorgeous views in our city, we have access to alaskan wild salmon. Today I made a simple marinade of lemon juice, 1/2 orange juice with lots of pulp with dash of green chilli paste, ginger, garlic and salt. It was very nice flavor to the salmon. Our dinner tonight was corn on cob brushed with a spicy cilantro-mint chutney I made (Cilantro, mint, onion, lime juice, salt, sugar and of course green chillies for heat). Store bought spinach naan with fresh orange.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Hi Archana,
My name is Eliza. My husband and I own ChefShop.com - down on Elliott in Seattle. I don't know if you have ever come by our shop -- but I encourage you to do so. You should let me know when you are here...
Also, we would love to put you on our blogger list. Please email me (elizaw (at) chefshop (dot) com.
Thanks!
Eliza

Jyotsna said...

Hi Archana, I like the sound of that marinade. Most unusual.