Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Click: Ginger Cardamom Chai Shake

Ginger Cardamom Chai Shake@ Archana's Culinary Adventures

Taken with Nikon D50 fitted with a fixed 35mm Prime lens shot in Macro mode.

Happy summer everyone! We are finally moved into our new house in Seattle. Yes, that was my big good news reference in the old post but here we are almost at the end of July and finally settled into life, work and rhythm of life at our new place. Since Jugalbandits have a upcoming deadline on July Click, here is a quick and dirty post on my latest creation.

This shake is out of this world. I know thats saying a lot but seriously I can account for all the extra pounds gained this month to this awesome tasty treat. First of all, it includes my favorite spice in the world - Cardamom. Secondly, it has caffeine and finally ice cream too! HELLO. A winner I say!

We had some really superb summer days here in early july and this creation was invented to take advantage of late summer afernoon heat. Hey starbucks, you steal this recipe, your stock prices might go up!!! Just make sure to call it CARDAMOM CHAI FRAPPACHINO instead of Chai Tea Frappachino will ya?

So here goes the recipe:
Ginger Cardamom Chai Shake Recipe:
  • 3 teabags of black tea (I used Lipton, Red Label whatever was in the pantry)
  • 2 to 3 Pods Green Cardamom Crushed
  • 2 Tablespoons of Candied Chunks of Ginger (trader joe's carries nice slices of candied ginger)
  • 1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice cream, if you have ginger ice cream even better I think.
  • 1/4 Cup Water

Method:

Microwave water for 1 minute. Steep teabags in hot water for about 5 minutes. Chill tea in the fridge or freezer till its cold (approx 1 hour). Take all ingredients in a blender or hand blend till frothy and smooth. Serve cold.

Thats it. It was super good. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Thats my last minute entry to click this month.

Here are some pictures of my new kitchen...

View from the bar area, I love having that skylight in the kitchen for natural light and the immense amounts of green from my sink window. Don't miss my appliance garage hiding my toaster and coffee maker. :) View of the skylight, my rolling pantry and tupperware craziness. :) Ok, This has to be one of my favorite parts of the kitchen. Notice the corner cabinet doesn't have a lazy susan type storage like most standard corner cabinets? Its actually got a little rotating recycling center in there. Genius. Now we have our trash bin, recycle for paper/plastic and for glass all tucked in that corner. Yay ex-owner..


13 comments:

amna said...

i am SO JEALOUS of your kitchen. So SO SO jealous!!

btw, its a nice idea to 'shake' your cardamom tea :D

Rachel said...

That is the amount of greenery and light that I crave for in my kitchen!

Great click!

delhibelle said...

I SO want that drink and that kitchen!
Bookmarked both:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new home.

evolvingtastes said...

Lovely. Lovely. Lovely!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing all those pictures. Enjoy the new house. :-)

Chandrika said...

Archana, your new kitchen is really cool...I love the Skylight...

And I am half way through making your Chai shake...Thanks for sharing...I love Ginger Chai tea and of course the cardamom is a must...But to have it with icecream...MMM...

Uma said...

Congrats on the new house. Your kitchen looks so neat and cute. Pantry is so cool. Love those tupperware boxes.

Lovely click of chai shake too!

Sangeeth said...

lovely click....btw luv ur new kitchen...very neat n as uma says luv ur tupperware boxes..a beautiful kitchen makes u a great chef! u have it!

Cynthia said...

I too am jealous of your kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Ingenious, totally. the kitchen and the shake :)

FewMinute Wonders said...

Congratulations.Hope you have a wonderful time cooking in that kitchen and creating memories. Will try your cold chai and report as soon as I get the ginger from TJ's

Anonymous said...

chai shake looks yummy and nice kitchen...love the skylight!

lubnakarim06 said...

Awesome kitchen. I like the natural light comming in the kitchen. Yum Yum recipes in u r blog. First time here, very nice blog.